I am obsessed with this salmon recipe! First, because I love salmon, but second because it is sooo easy to make!
This recipe will be in your oven in minutes giving you time with your kids while it cooks.
Salmon is also a superfood because it contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help protect your heart. Salmon is a great source of protein and potassium, it’s high in B vitamins and packed with selenium, which protects bone health, improves thyroid function, and reduces the risk of cancer. Consuming salmon twice a week can also help benefit weight control and fight inflammation. All in all, salmon is pretty amazing!
- 1 lb. salmon
- ⅛ cup honey
- ⅛ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- Place salmon on a sheet of foil and fold up the edges so it will hold the marinade
- Combine honey and soy sauce
- Pour the combination evenly over the salmon
- In the oven: place the foiled salmon on a baking sheet or in a baking dish and fold the foil over the top of the salmon to cover. Bake in the middle rack at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon. Check your salmon periodically and spoon the sauce from the bottom over the top to add flavor.
- On the grill: fold the foil over the top of the salmon to seal it and place the foil pack directly on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, checking periodically.
Make another foil pack of veggies drizzled in olive oil, salt & pepper and place in the oven or on the grill next to your salmon to make this meal complete!